Forum Topic

Just back from Chiswick High Road.I think I am going to see how to request a copy of the camera footage.  In ten mins every single cyclist jumped pedestrian lights at Turnham Green and by the Catholic Church. Many Cyclists on pavements ( You are supposed to scoot not ride)Just go and look.  It's happening and it is nothing to do with other traffic, there is very little.There is no excuse for so many to be ignoring basic road rules, they are there for all road users.Yes. it is also true of the idiots in powerful cars. Yesterday, whilst out on my bike saw not once but 3 times a Large 4WD Gunmetal Grey reg no YM19 UMD doing speeds well in excess of 100 mph up and down the Great West Road between Hounslow East junction and Osterley Gillette Corner at 3.45pm pulling in at the Shell Station. Where I managed to get the number.But that was one,  Very different to many not observing basic road rules and the risk to pedestrians and us other cyclists where there are more hazards.Cannot fathom why people with cameras on helmets cannot run to putting bell on their bike.Drive with a headlight out and you get fined. Horn not working an MoT failure. Vehicle considered dangerous for the public highway.Whats the difference?And Injuries by Bicycles are not collated unless overnight hospitalisation is required.Thats because no insurance is involved similarly where a cyclist is at fault, data cannot be compiled as there is no legal requirement or insurance.Hence unbalanced statistics.If we are to have a safer means then these basics, insurance registration and documented official proficiency testing need to be in place. So everyone can ride with responsibility.

Raymond Havelock ● 1442d