Forum Topic

Well I think that I have ended up with somebody who is unable to organise his time, not to mention the rest. On Thursday I was phoned, had a brief conversation and agreed to be home for 3.00p.m. when I would be 'first on the list' in the area with two other people to be visited at Kew Bridge. Having dutifully returned home I was phoned more than an hour after the appointed time to be told that he was in Princes Risborough (?!) but that he would be with me for 5.00p.m.!! He came at 5.50p.m. The wait time of nearly three hours was at least an improvement on the previous week (same sort of scenario) when he was four hours late. The first week he wore gloves - the point of which I can't really see anyway (and I saw him opening and closing his car door with them on which is surely just the same as using his bare hands) but he wore no other PPE. I would be interested to know what PPE your visitor is wearing as the blurb we received does not specify. Should this worker be wearing gloves, mask or face protector and apron?On top of this I can say that after waiting all the time specified above for the worker that it is ME who has then felt rushed, not that I take an age about what is required of me. I have tried to ask why he has specified 3.00p.m. and then come so much later but I just seem to get brushed off with something along the lines of 'emergency', 'trying to please everybody' and so on. With regard to the latter, I can say that he is not pleasing me!I would not want to pull out of the research but am seriously considering doing so. Likewise, I would not like to lose somebody their job but is this how one would expect such a study to be conducted? Finally, after disappearing inside my house very briefly to take the swab, I looked out to see if I could see the workerand he was standing a little way along the pavement and smoking. He then came and took the bag with the specimen from me with bare hands.Apart from feeling quite angry about all of the above, I also feel confused and conflicted re what, if anything, to do about it.

Anne England ● 1312d