Forum Topic

Often overworked.  Remind me how many short the NHS was on doctors and nurses BEFORE the pandemic (a not surprising but definitely unprepared for event)!  Thousands.https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2021/01/recovery-and-then-renewal-innovation-health-and-care-covid-19#comments-top Have any of the vaccines been tested on pregnant women? When asked we were told not and therefore it was not recommended.I know a key worker who had appointments for the flu jab cancelled three times before finally getting one this year.  That's an added difficulty for a busy key worker to deal with.Then there is this too and if it is true I hope it gets sorted out pdq:https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/16/why-some-junior-doctors-havent-had-a-covid-vaccineThe Govt seems to be going by age and I believe there are still young carers who go from house to house to care for people who need vaccinations.  Employers need to support their workers or self-employed workers to get vaccinations.  There appears to be a greater risk to you if you are employed where you receive greater exposure to the virus.There are centres where the local Councils are offering free Lateral Flow Tests to people with no symptoms. These are good for those who could be exposed but they are often the people who cannot afford time off.  Check your Council's website.  There was the Windrush scandal where those entitled to live in this country were denied healthcare and deported. Then there was the report of two French doctors suggesting that the vaccines should be trialled in Africa first.  Hardly a way to encourage those who may be nervous of having a vaccination!  There is also all the rubbish anti-vaxx stuff that is circulated on social media and which may be sent to you by your friends.  If you investigate the 'doctors' in those videos further you are likely to find them struck off or not actually medical doctors at all. Hardly a way to encourage those who may be nervous of having a vaccination!  Thankfully there are now some great adverts of encouragement by BAME members of our lovely very mixed society.  I do hope that more people will come forward and be supported to come forward to be vaccinated.Hopefully the slower uptake will now speed up.  Those volunteers doing the jabs are doing a brilliant job. 

Philippa Bond ● 1160d