Forum Topic

Here's a bit of history.In July 2017, following a cleaning inspection with Hounslow Highways, I wanted them to clean this path which was not in their routine cleaning plan. They went to try and find it on Brentford Dock but I pointed out it was on the more sophisticated side of the Brent.I Wrote "I think this footpath needs a name as at the moment it confuses everybody.I suggest Creek Alley: it’s descriptive and a bit of a pun if you’re an old git and remember the Mamas and the Papas first hit single (Creeque Alley)"By December 2017 I heard; "The Council’s local historian (Mr. James Marshall) has conducted a history search for the Brentford Wardabout footpath and the following names have been proposed:(i) Montgomary's Wharf/Walk/Lane/Pavement. (note that for a footpath Walk is the appropriate suffix we use)(ii) Saw Mill Wharf/Way(iii) Timber Wharf Walk/Way(iv) Timber Yard/Walk/WayPlease note that the name “Montgomary” has been used in Chiswick to label a block of flats, hence it is more than likely to receive an objection from the London Fire Service.In June 2018, I heard this from officers:"First phase of this Street Naming and Numbering consultation has been completed.London Fire service has objected on the name “Montgomery’s” on the ground of duplication in the surrounding area. Royal Mail has no objection to any of the names.We did not receive any response from the Residents Association regarding this matter.We will serve a “Notice of Intent” for a statutory period of one month in the location to get further view of the local residents whether they have any objection or not on the following names:Street/Footpath Name:  (i) Sawmill Wharf Walk(ii) Timber Wharf Walk(iii) Timber Yard Walk"I liked Timber WHarf whereas Steve Curran (in his ward, after all) preferred Sawmill but he graciously submitted to my superior taste.Looking on Ballymore stuff many months ago I saw Monty making a late run. I wonder whether they can overcome the Firemen's displeasure about Monty

Guy Lambert ● 520d