Forum Topic

Whilst that closure that has made things worse and never recovered, the problem between Syon Corner and Isleworth Swimming Poll has become much much worse.Part of it is the cycle bollards and the proximity of West Mid hospital. Ambulances and large vehicles simply get stuck with no means to manoeuvre.It's a winding trunk road from the A316/M3 with several schools and major shops and of course Twickenham Stadium but the infrastructure is too cramped and the natural through routes also too narrow for the many commercial vehicles and their business depot / delivery locations .  The industrial and commercial locations in many cases pre date the residential but the roads were not ever sorted to accommodate larger vehicles and mass movement by the working public.A sad indictment of poor planning and the view that ordinary working people should not be in private vehicles - which seems to be the same view now.But trying to accommodate cyclists in roads that cannot accommodate buses, ambulances, HGVs, vans and cars cause this mass congestion.From a cyclist point of view, these bollards and high kerbs make for not very pleasant riding and not surprisingly many faster riders either harrass or go out in the road and ride ip the middle like motor scooterists.The damage though to incomes, work, services through delays, late starting i.e( the amount of clinics at West Middx that are delayed severely due to the consultants stuck on a bus or in traffic getting from other Trust hospitals and vice versa is far worse than the cost of a missed appointment that each patient gets regularly reminded of. Fact is, the solution and the initiative are deeply flawed and somehow a better way must be found. And it is obvious that this whole City is on the slide and becoming very much a place for only those who can afford time as a luxury and pay through the nose for everything else.For most of us it's ruining daily life, incomes and well being.

Raymond Havelock ● 278d

I think that's the real nub of the problems. There are no advance warnings, no diversionary routes, no-one overseeing and thus able to effect immediate relief for the delayed direction.Plenty could be mitigated to the minimum if proper alternatives were in place. And some restrictions are clearly not necessary even for workforce protection. Some of which is way over the top and far too prolonged for the area of works.Even Motorway works are minimised but still ample for maximum safety.Or is it because unskilled and untrained zero hours labour is being used by contractors?Now managing roadworks and co-ordinating roadworks was a manifesto pledge of almost every London Mayor - except this one who will not even answer members questions on the chaos of roadworks.That alone should tell us that it is deliberate .Certainly Labour councils and GLA members are not on the across London have not appeared on the questions lists too often. But that's also true of most other issues.  I could not find a single question from  our local GLA member.As for ups to Ealing it is wholly unpredictable. It's even been stuffed up at 9am on Sunday mornings in both directions but cleary worse Brentford to Ealing direction.Going the other way it's delayed from Richmond, then Kew Bridge to Ealing Road and then Ealing Road at the A4. They journey times I've logged are up by 100% on some journeys and the shortest is 35% on the timetabled journeys.  I've sat there so long on some trips that there's been little else to do.I have sent the entire log to TfL for comment.

Raymond Havelock ● 291d