Forum Topic

I can't stop it. The closure is for SSE to overhaul electricity supply to the small industrial estate at the junction with the A4. I'm now told this has been planned for several months and has now been restricted to a closure only northbound. It is a great pity that this is happening, and without proper notice. I knew nothing of it until I saw Alison's post here.I'm told that traffic will be diverted to the 'hamburger' junction at Riverside Way, opposite GSK, to u-turn there and go up Windmill Road to make their way towards Ealing Road. This is far from satisfactory, and I don't know what the fate of the 65 bus is: there is nothing I can find on the TfL website. I can only think it will have to follow Windmill, Little Ealing Lane etc because residential roads will not be suitable.The senior manager at Hounslow Highways comments: "The disruption to traffic due to the A4 works and other local works does impose a need to really challenge any unnecessary openings along and adjacent to the aforementioned restrictions at present. I would like a strict policy of daily inspections to ensure that the  promoters are abiding by all conditions (including letter drops and signage) and fines imposed accordingly especially any overrun which we need to explain to them is not an option. I would appreciate an update to those included on Thursday next week to confirm that the works will complete on time please."As Alison says, I'm furious about this but I don't have the power to stop it. I am also furious about the inadequate notice.

Guy Lambert ● 210d