Forum Topic

Councillor Lambert – I’m not sure why you assume I live in Chiswick when I posted about traffic issues in Brentford – I do live in Brentford and feel like I have a right to express my views and have these listened to – not written-off as though my views were not important to you. Traffic issues are clearly the number one issue in Brentford currently – people are seriously hampered whilst going about their daily lives. Clearly there has been an impact from roadworks, but the main issue is road closures due to LTNs. Let us be clear – these were never asked for or needed and were overwhelmingly rejected in the consultation that preceded them. Current views are even more strongly against LTNs as we suffer the knock-on effects of roadworks, which are inevitable, on the already restricted road network. You know all this to be true, despite you ignoring all the feedback you are receiving. If, as you claim, there are “real people” who support the LTN road closures, then why not commission a new survey and commit to acting on the results – for or against? The people of Brentford deserve a councillor that truly represents their views and the right to have a say in what happens in their communities – not to be ignored by you because you don’t agree with them. If you cannot support the views of the people you were elected to represent, then you should move aside for someone who will. I know this will not happen – I’ve seen your responses in the past – and expect your usual glib rejection of my posting as the rantings of some crackpot Tory – which is not the case. On the subject of Chiswick – I did used to go there for shopping or to take my children to an excellent youth club. As it now takes an hour each way on the bus from Brentford, this is no longer an option for so many of us – shame.

Marcia King ● 163d