Forum Topic

With my respect, Robert, mostly untrue, though I would never suggest you are a moron. We disagree on many things but I respect you, and particularly appreciated your generous comments after the 2022  election, where you stood and performed very creditably.The Cycle lanes are funded by TfL under the direction (originally) of Boris Johnson and (later) under Grant Shapps and a number of succeeding transport ministers since (I have lost count)Ditto with LTNs. They are actually popular as extensive polling has shown and reduces traffic both within and within the LTNs. I agree they are controversial and the Conservative party put a lot of energy in arguing against policies that they have demanded which is a bit odd (see last weeks Private Eye)What CIL is spent on varies from time to time according to what is deemed to be urgent, and within the Local Authority's responsibility. Much is supporting (and has yet to be spent) plans to provide a link from GWR to Elizabeth Line at Southall - important to support new commercial investment on GWR and local jobs. Also to (eventually) create a Lionel Road station to link the Hounslow loop line to other parts of the rail network via Acton. There are a lot of other priorities EG expanding schools (3 new secondary schools in Isleworth and Isleworth in the last few years, and early expansion of primary schools (St Paul's. Lionel in particular)And yes, we did publish a manifesto in 2022 (I had a role in writing it) and the Lab party have one for the GLA/Mayor elections (rumour has it that Susan Hall has finally produced one) and there will be one if Sunak eventually concedes that we need a general election.

Guy Lambert ● 6d